Thursday, December 31, 2009

If it walks like a duck...



So - it's official.  I'm waddling now.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm just that big now or if it's because I was blessed with some lovely side-effect of pregnancy, which I'll discreetly call PS.

PS is a very painful side effect, and it feels like someone is tearing me apart at my legs.  ewww.  But, the good news is that I only notice it when I stand for long periods of time, or walk.  It has something to do with the hormones that loosen up your bones to make room for the baby to get out when it's time.  Apparently 1 in 300 pregnant women deal with this thing.  And honestly, because I have a desk job and don't really have to walk too much, it's not completely terrible.  But it's not really helping me to get any exercise in, or reduce the obviousness of my waddle.

Looks like I'll be ducky for the next 3-4 months...  quack! 


blogspot visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment