Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Milkshake Goodness...

So - as part of my craving, I decided to try to track down the best chocolate milkshake I could find.  Now that we're back in Chicago (post-holidays), there are plenty of Potbelly's to be found.  YAY!  Potbelly's is perfect for milkshakes.  My all time favorite used to be their Oreo milkshake, although I've been known to order the orange creamsicle milkshake once or twice.  Until this past week, I've never had just a plain chocolate milkshake from there.  It was high time I did.


How does the milkshake rate?  Again, using my 5 point scale, I'd say this one is at a whopping 4.  That's the highest rated chocolate milkshake so far!  The only reason I couldn't give it a straight 5 is because it really didn't seem very chocolatey.  The texture was great.  The flavor was creamy and smooth - but not chocolatey.  Don't get me wrong - I still enjoyed it, but we're getting serious now on the science of the perfect chocolate shake.


So I went home and told Don about this latest rating.  He came up with a brilliant idea for us to make our own milkshakes at home.  YAY!  And yes, so delicious and satisfying!  Not only could we mix it to our own liking, but as you might assume, Don got creative and started adding other stuff - I don't even know what - but it was SO yummy!
I tried to make a milkshake the same way when Don was out of town for work and my milkshake was watery and just not as good.  Oh - the troubles of being me...  ;)

Seriously though - if anyone out there has some good recommendations for a chocolate milkshake here in Chicago, just say the word!   Don has promised to keep this craving at bay while we continue to search for the 2nd most perfect chocolate milkshake in Chicago.  ;) 



blogspot visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment