Saturday, October 3, 2009

Alcohol-removed Wine?!



I was watching Food Network the other day when I saw a bit about these wines (below).  They're "alcohol-removed" wines.  The brand is fre (http://www.frewines.com/) and they're made by Sutter Home.  The wine is made like normal, and then the alcohol is removed afterward via some fun, secret spinning cone method.  Interesting.




We had some close friends over last night for Don's birthday (which is today) and decided to get a couple of bottles to try out.  And it was good.   We had the Chardonnay last night.  It smelled exactly like a Chardonnay wine and my mouth watered.  Even though it tasted complex and fruity and oaky and delicious, it didn't quite taste like anything I'd ever had before.  It was very similar to wine - but almost like a grape juice - but not.  I guess I'm not doing a very good job of explaining it here...

But just know - for those of us that are choosing not to drink alcohol - for whatever reason - there's a good alternative out there.  It's yummy and will fill that "wine-shaped hole" in your palette.


No comments:

Post a Comment