Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Between the pillows and the baby belly...

you may just find ME! There is very little room for me left in the bed anymore, and she is hardly showing.... I am very worried for the future. I think I may be moving to the floor before the third trimester. It's ok. I like camping.

Things are growing well, and Amanda's new favorite thing is an Egg McMuffin type concoction that I have termed Egg BrMuffin. Yeah, I know it does not SOUND as catchy but it LOOKS very appealing and it is is healthy to boot! And it makes my beautiful wife SMILE! What could be better than that? Well, baby smiling would be great too but we just can't tell about that yet.


I continue to grow along with the mama to be - possibly because I have given up on my workout schedule and I have increased food consumption in stride with her. So increase caloric intake, decrease burning those calories, and wahlah - you are halfway back to your pre exercise form (and all-time high of weight)! Luckily Amanda (and Dalene) are addicted to Biggets Loser and I found myself extremely motivated last night during the season premier. Especially the 40 year old huge Dad who wants to be around for his kids... that really puts it in persepctive. Now mind you, I was not motivated to the POINT of action, but I certainly CONSIDERED action. In fact I lowered the priority of 'Gym Cancellation' to my to-do list already.

This next week I am doing some self assigned homework... I am going to find in the Bible every reference on how to raise children in a way pleasing to God and begin writing them out. Even the one's with the rod (thanks, Samson). I believe everything we need to know to raise up our little one is right there in the WORD!

blogspot visitor

3 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Megan, and I, too, am a Biggest Loser Addict. :) (You're a good man, Don Bratschie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don and Mandy....CONGRATULATIONS! Parenthood is a wonderful thing! The diapers are the least of your worries....wait til the kids pees, poops and throws up on you....oh such fun times :o)

    God bless you all and we can't wait to see the future baby Bratschie :o)
    Love ya,
    Laura, Rudy, Noah and Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahaha...lowered the priority of canceling your gym membership? Just ride it out. You're probably on the hook for at least a $30/month idiot fee forever. I will continue to pay it indefinitely so you don't have to feel alone.

    ReplyDelete