Thursday, September 17, 2009

What am I craving?



Almost the very first thing that people ask me as soon as they find out that I'm pregnant is, "Are you having any cravings?" - or something along those lines "What's the weirdest thing you've craved?", etc.  You get the point.

To be honest, I haven't craved too many WEIRD things, but things that are just really weird for me to want - namely, meat.  If you've known me for longer than five minutes, you know that I'm a pseudo-vegetarian.  That means that I'll eat meat from time to time, but it's rare.  I just don't like meat - the taste, the texture - none of it is appealing to me and it really never has been. 

Lately - in the past month or so - I've been asking for mini-cheeseburgers and tacos with ground beef and all kind of other delicious meat things.  Last night I had to pick a place for dinner with our friend, Scott.  I picked Weber Grill.  True - it was a block away and I was beyond hungry at that point.  But that place is meat central... fish, cow, pork, chicken - you name it.  And I was happy there.  I repeat, I was happy at a meat place.

Mark this in the record books, peeps.

From what I've heard and read - this is my body's way of taking care of itself and making sure that it gets all the nutrition that it needs.  Baby is pretty good at getting everything that it needs - and will even take from me if I'm not eating enough of it.  (Which is scary).

But it's amazing to me how my body knows what it needs and my taste buds adjust accordingly.  Wow - God knew what he was doing when he created us people.
blogspot visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment