Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Working out...



It turns out that it's super important for preggos to be active and exercise throughout their pregnancy.   And everyone has a different reason why - I've even heard that it can make labor and delivery easier (but how in the heck would they prove that?) Somewhat counter-intuitive if you ask me - all I wanted to do for at least for the first 12 weeks was sleep.  Well, and pee - but that's a different post.

Anyway - before I was pregnant (or, more correctly, before I KNEW I was pregnant) I was training for the half-marathon, so I was working out 6 days a week.  Running a lot - doing ab workouts, going to yoga, the whole 9 yards.  As soon as I found out that I was pregnant, my knees really started hurting - it might be coincidence from running too much - and it might be all mental.  But I'm not taking any chances... so i stopped all the mileage all i was putting on my jogging sneakers and started a walking routine instead with my gym buddy, Sarah.

Sarah is an awesome gym buddy and has been so wonderful with this whole pregnancy thing that Baby and I are going through.  She meets me early in the morning, even though she doesn't have to be up that early.  Anyway - the days that I used to go running in the morning, we now walk.  And it's been AWESOME!  I love walking around near the lake and watching the "ducks" (they might actually be geese or some other kind of fowl - I don't really care enough to figure it out) and the few people that we see out and about are SO FRIENDLY in the morning.  That was probably the biggest shocker.  People are actually friendly in downtown Chicago in the morning.  Really friendly.  Everyone greets us and wishes us a good day.  It's almost other-worldy.


But anyway - this revised routine is turning out to be quite a highlight!  It doesn't bother me that much to wake up at 5:30, either!  Here's to an easier delivery!  (?)
blogspot visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment