Monday, September 7, 2009

Some of My Favorite Preggo Things...

While shopping yesterday with Momma Mags, we happened to stumble across a Motherhood Maternity store.  What a relief!  All day long, I'd been looking for styles and fashions that could grow/shrink with me - wrap-around dresses, empire cut tops, etc - and I wasn't having much luck.  This place not only had a wide variety of clothes at very decent prices (also a relief!), but they even had a pillow for me to use while trying clothes on - to see how I might look further along in the pregnancy.  HOW FUN!  :)

Due to Momma's mad scouting abilities, we were able to find some super cute tops and even a pair of jeans.  Wow.  This might be one of my new favorite places.  Plus, they had tons of other things there for pregnant women - hard candy to ease nausea, books on pregnancy, pillows to help you sleep comfortably, etc.  And every time a new customer walked in the door, the saleslady would say "Welcome to Motherhood".  And that made me giggle.  So yeah, this is one of my favorite preggo things.

Other favorite preggo things that top the list - as of right now - the book "Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" by Vicki Iovine.  I found a cheap copy on half.com and it's been entertaining - to say the least.  She's so snarky and downright funny that it was a super quick read and helped me figure out a wee bit more about what the hell is going on with my body right now anyway.  Way to be, Vicki. 

And, of course, the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" - it's a classic.  Informational and reassuring.  Not nearly as entertaining as Vicki's book, but an important resource nonetheless.


blogspot visitor



No comments:

Post a Comment